The Nomenclature of the qualification awarded by the National Board of Examinations is “Diplomate of National Board(DNB)”. The list of recognized qualifications awarded by the Board in various Broad and Super specialties as approved by the Government of India and included in the First Schedule of IMC Act 1956.
As per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956; the power to recognize medical qualification and determine their equivalence rests with the central government.
The Diplomate qualifications awarded by the National Board of Examinations are equated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities for all purposes including appointment to teaching posts as lecture/Assistant Professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; vide their notifications issued from time to time.
The holders of Board’s qualification awarded after an examination i.e. DNB are eligible to be considered for specialist’s post/faculty in any Hospital including a training/teaching institution on a teaching post/as a faculty member.
Diplomate National Board qualifications are well recognized and accepted as high standard specialist qualifications for practice of concerned medical discipline/Super or sub specialty area.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- DNB-CET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held in November-December 2015 and conducted as computer-based exam only.
- The exam comprises of 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only.
- Candidates successful in the DNB-CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- Kindly note that the weightage of MCQ’s is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
- Syllabus: The Syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects /knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. An extract of the same is enclosed at Annexure C of the information bulletin, kindly refer to MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
- Forenoon Session: 10:00AM to 1:45PM (225 Minutes) & Afternoon Session : 3:45PM to 7:30PM (225 Minutes).
S.NO. SUBJECTS SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR DNB CET EXAM JULY 2015 ADMISSION SESSION: 1
ANATOMY 24 2 PHYSIOLOGY 24 3 BIOCHEMISTRY 24 4 PATHOLOGY 18 5 PHARMACOLOGY 18 6 FORENSIC MED 12 7 ORTHO 12 8 ENT 12 9 SPM,STAT & BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH 24 10 GENERAL MEDICINE, PSYCHIATRY DERMATOLOGY & STD 26
11 GENERAL SURGERY
12 OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY 24 13 PAEDIATRICS 12 TOTAL 300
ALL NEW FMGE 2016 MOCK TESTS – MORE
What is Hepatitis B? Cause, Symptoms & Treatment – MORE